Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Finally April!

So at the beginning of March I started to get excited, because I knew that by the end of the month there would be signs of spring.

Well.... At least we don't have snow cover any more.

Let's try this again...

Yipee! It's APRIL! April is a great time of the year. It starts out dreary but I know that by the end of the month there will be signs of SPRING! and I'll be able to get out in the garden again! April is the month of HOPE.

Yeah, that sounded kind of forced to me, too.

I'm just really tired of winter. [just like every other New England gardener, I'm sure]

But there ARE some signs of spring in the garden.


I hope these crocus buds get to open later this week. I planted a LOT of crocus last fall because they bloom so early and by this time of the year I'm really, really craving flowers.


I hope these tulips don't get frozen out by another cold snap.


I hope this goldfinch gets to finish changing into his brilliant yellow summer coat so he can breed. [apologies for the picture quality - I took it though the kitchen window]


I hope I can remember what this plant is when it gets a bit bigger. And I hope the weather is good enough that I can cut out last years dead before this years growth gets too big.

April. I hope it is the month of change. I hope that by the end of the month we finally have spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment