Sunday, March 9, 2014

Is it Spring Yet?

Yesterday got up to around 50 F and I got up to trouble. I've been deprived of gardening for months now. And deprived of fresh air and sunshine. So I just had to get out in the garden.

But we still have several inches of snow on the ground. So what can I do?

Well, there is this storm damage...



And winter has split the trunk


And split the bark


And something chewed in to the stem to winter (actually they're welcome to stay there - I Support My Local Invertebrate Population!)


So I went outside [in just a sweatshirt!] and did this...


Think it's too early? Think it's too much? I know Buddleia are supposedly tolerant of a severe pruning but I've never been one to severely prune anything. I guess we'll see if it bounces back or dies off.

Fortunately my gardening philosophy is "if it dies, I get to go buy a new plant!"

How long till I can tidy up the rest of the garden?
Is it Spring yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment